Sep 10, 2020

31. Chavruta - Fox - Grapes



An  Appetizing Grape
Image: Free Pixabay 
🍁🍂  Autumn is slowly coming in which I live... Since it no longer needs to turn on the air conditioner, furthermore I hear crickets' 🦗 crying in the bush every night here... 🦗🦗😌 

    Now they are still crying... I think that such crickets are crying due to the cloudy weather on today. It seems likely to rain soon with the gray darkness.

     Lately I have tried to wear a new/changed eyeglassesㅡit needs a little time to be adjusted to see.  For I have felt that my eyesight is getting worse along with an eye-fatigueㅡmy eyes have a dual/double problem ; one is a short sighted, the other is a distorted vision. When I become the old, then I will have a triple problem that is a  farsightedness.

    I have been wearing an eyeglasses for a very long time, thus I envy those who don't need to wear eyeglasses. Now fortunately I feel a little better than before...

    And last night I watched a french movie at my home, wearing a new eyeglasses, the subtitles were clearly seen thereby , I might blog as to the movie review soon.

    The cinema was impressive and thought-provoking..., in a few words, it pictures regarding love, avenge, greed, and the twist of destiny, something like that...

    Every time autumn comes, people seem to intentionally attempt to read a book. Because, in my country this slogan is prevalent; " Autumn is the season of reading."

    Nowadays, off-line bookstores are ending up in bankruptcy, for most people buy books through online malls.  Only some off-line bookshops are selling books with coffee in my city. And there are some libraries that have been managing by my city(government), but recently we citizens cannot use that libraries because of coronavirus pandemic.  

    About 15 years ago, I used to go to the chief/biggest library to borrow books and to kill time in there,  there were many old books than new books. But now I seldom go to any kind of libraries.

The Chief  Library In My City
Image: Google

    Well most likely people will like "Aesops Fables" (author: Aesop, ancient Greece)" that animals show up as main characters in place of humans.  I was also fond of reading Aesops Fables when I was young. 


    Especially, Aesops Fables are very edifying /instructive and  wisdom-giving to readers, even though these are made up of a collage of short stories. One of the collages is, this : " The Fox and The Grapes." 

A Fox In The Snow
Image: Pixabay 
    In general,  a fox is symbolized as a cunning animal. Anyway, Jewish people also seem to regard a fox as an ill-omened/doomful animal like black cats and a flock of black ravens. This is my personal perspective; in the Bible(the Song of Solomon) a fox is also described as a malicious animal that hinders the LOVE between the groom and bride,  such as :
That fox spoils the vineyard that is blooming the love-blossom between the groom and the bride, which might literally hint at the love between "the King" of Solomon and the "lowly shulamite" woman who had a deeply dark brown skin and toilfully worked in the vineyardㅡ it would be a drudgery. And it might be indirectly symbolized the love between the Lord and His people, as His bride.
 ESV the Song of Solomon:  2:10~13  
My beloved speaks and says to me:
"Arise, my love, my beautiful one, 
and come away, 
for beloved, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth, 
the time of spring has come,
and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens its figs,
and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance.
 Arise, my love, my beautiful one,
and come away."

Image: Pixabay
2 :15   " Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyard are in blossom."
8 : 6   Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord.
    There was a fox, one day the fox was found ripe, delicious-looking, mouth-watering, and sweet-smelling grapes on the vines, so that the fox was tempted by such a grape, and then strived hard to pick it over and over again. Regardless, that grapes hung on high branches, hence the fox couldn't take it...

    At last, the fox concludes that such grapes would be  unripe(still green), which says that it is "too sour."  By doing so, the fox relinquished to pick the grapes off the vines,  after that time, went back.

    At this point, people usually jump to a conclusion that the fox is rationalizing himself(his behavior) against the impossibilityㅡthe entity of the grapes,
so to speak, people say it is self-justification.

    Accordingly, people infer and then narrate that we people have a way to rationalize for the sake of ourselves first whatever happens. Me-first, namely, self-centered thinking...

    In one sense, it will be also right to conclude in this way. But, will it be really true like people partially narrate?...
Most people tend to be caught by such a fixed idea/stereotype, whereas there are those who try to break the fixed idea/commonplace idea, they are none other than the Jews.

    Jewish people will deeply contemplate/deliberate about the issue that the fox made a decision that way, and then will have a discussion together like they study the Talmud.

    As we know, the Jews have been teaching the Chavruta (is kind of a traditional Talmud study) that they always discuss issues through the method of chavtuta.

    There, it will not have a "perfect or fixed answer" about that issues, but during the process the Jews will ponder it over through their chavruta method, questioning and answering together...

    And there will have varied and creative perspectives in their midst. In doing so, they will learn the wise of life, discernment, creativity, confidence, self-directed learning, flexible thinking, sense of occasion, etc.

    I have sensed that whenever I briefly wrote a comment on the news article, then it seems to give a "sense of occasion"  a little bit, further the news article is a "non-fiction" based on the real incidents/happenings.

    And I think about the happenings/issues like this; what if I'm faced with the problems, then what shall I do? Why did they behave/act in that way? What would be the best resolution at the exact moment? etc. ...And I read  other people's comments  what they think about. But now I no longer write a comment... when I have time, I may write a comment on the news article again...

    The famous teaching of chavruta has been a role model to many students all over the world.  Probably,  the Jews might be proud of their chavruta, plus there are many famous celebritiesㅡscientists, entertainers, CEO, multimillionaire, etc. who were born as the Jews.

    All they look very creative and outstanding, thus people assume that their sparkling ability may be rooted in the chavruta.

The Scene Of Chavruta
Image : Google

    Jewish people might think about the fox's determination like this; Having that said, I don't exactly know about the chavruta, so this is just my personal assumption by which it would be...

    For instance,  there will be able to think regarding the fox's determination with "manifold viewpoints" unlike people typically infer a conclusionㅡas they say,  the fox is simply rationalizing himself.

Some assumptions about :
ㅡ The fox might be more clever, because if it was impossible to do, in other words, if the fox perceived the impossibility, then the "give-up" would be one of sagacious/wise determinations.
ㅡ Or, the fox might be fooled by his limited wisdom, limited experience, limited knowledge, and by his deep suspicion, like this;  when we wear sunglasses, then everything looks dark, even if everything is not seen dark in practice...
ㅡ Or, the fox is a flesh-eating animal, so that the grapes are not a main prey for him, and the rest...
    Along those lines, Jewish people might debate about the issue that the fox concluded in that manner.

    Well, anyway we people will want to be a creative and remarkable person, so that many parents struggle to teach their children as a creative and an excellent leader as if the celebrities of the Jews or other celebrities based on the chavruta.

    In my country, plenty of private institutions for education are tempting lots of parents to teach the chavruta that they have devised through their own teaching methods on the basis of the chavruta, that is another moneymaking business toward parents and children

    By the way, what if they become renowned celebrities who are creative, intelligent, and capable, etc.  than anyone else, in spite of that, it turns out fruitless results, unless people exalt/admire them that is why people eagerly and widely endeavor to be recognized by the publicㅡthe group mind, mob psychology...

    If they are not admired from people, then their remarkable talent or capacity will be buried like the dead... Who would want to be the dead?... Well, even if they are admired from the public, the fame/ popularity will be perished soon like a disappearing mist: 
 ESV James  4:14 "Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."
    I often visit one of blog forum(community) sites in my country, in there, bloggers boast their performances/earnings, which their blogs or sites are visited many visitors per day;  some said that he earned approximately $10,000 per month... perhaps, he will run many logs/sites simultaneously...

A Graph
Image: Pixabay
    But, I don't think that he will make much money consistently through blogging...
Because, in some ways, a blog marketing is like an unstable investment in stocks, so that they are likely to happen the bankruptcy, lagging behind from search engine overnight... 

    As a result, their blogs turn out a low-quality blog/site,  and must be discarded it in the end, and then they will make other blogs/sites again and again ... 

    Well a large number of young generation crave to be a pop-star who can sing and dance dazzlingly as a group-member or single, receiving a plastic surgery for showing their handsome or pretty looks. For people, the public, admire a beauty... Who would want to admire an ugly look, esp. on the stage?...

    In the beginning, they look like a famous entertainer for a while as if a "rising star", but time makes them to be a "shooting star" ... People will forget and turn away them in the end... The beauty, the talent, the popularity, the wealth, the power...etc. all these things become nothingness in the presence of time.  That being said, there is a saying/proverb in my country: 
"A tiger leaves its skins after dying; a man only leaves his name after dying."   
Yes... after dying... After that time, we audience can no longer see them on TV or other spotlights...

Image : Pixabay 
    Anyhow, most people will like a grape and its wine. Even I like to see grape's photos, what if I were a farmer, I would like to grow grapes 🍇, owning my own vineyard, than any other farm produce. 

    I don't know well how to make a wine... But, every time I look at a red wine(not a white wine), I want to buy itㅡesp. a mature/well-aged wine made in Europe, even though I don't drink alcohol at all.

    Even so, from time to time I use a red wine to cook or dink wine a little bit only. 
Recently, I bought an original grape seed oil made in Italy. 

Newly Purchased 
OLITALIA
Grapeseed Oil
Image Source: Selfie


    Anyway, when Christmas comes in this year, I would like to buy some well-aged and sweet-smelling red wines, and then I would love to present it to the one and the ones whom I'm thankful for and I'm mindful of... , although it is impossible to present... 

    For the one and the ones are invisible spirits ...so that, I cannot even see them in my bodily eyes... but yet, I may be feeling them, their presences, their spirits... as same as they may be feeling my spirit... 



Isourblog  Shalom